Monday, March 27, 2006

Sarah...How old is she?


Sarah is 20 months old...Is that old enough to care about what she is wearing? Is she old enough to know what she does and doesn't want and express it loudly?

I have 3 boys...So this is not my first time to experience the coming of the "2's", however, this is my baby girl, my little sweetheart! I am amazed at the difference there are between boys and girls at such a young age!
My boys don't really care about what they wear...ever!
Sarah? OH YES SHE CARES!

Yesterday morning before church I was going to get her dressed, she took the dress and threw it on the floor. Then she folded her arms and looked at me. It was the look that says "...just try to make me mom"! We tried some different outfits and she willingly expressed her opionion about all of them! Anyway, it was defintely a challenge to get her dressed and I finally gave the job to Jon so he could hold her down as he did it.
Yesterday I was thinking, oh isn't that cute? She cares what she wears!
Okay, today I am not thinking that so much!

Don't you want your kids to always be good for other people, you want to hear how cute they are and how well they listen, all that good stuff that makes you feel good as a parent, right?
Today, I heard something from Sarah's teacher at childcare that I wasn't prepared to hear! When it came time to go outside she didn't want to. She didn't want to put her coat on either. She folded her arms and gave them that look....that "I am going to do it my way and when I want to..." look.
Finally they got her outside and then they had a hard time getting her back inside! At least she is still little enough that you can pick her up and carry her in...

So, my little princess, the one that is so adorable and sweet...she is turning into a real person. I knew this day would come, I was just hoping to hold it off for a little bit longer.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Who Sarah?? No way, not my little niece! Isn't it amazing how quickly they grow up and form their own opions?
Just wait until she's 13 : )

Her birthday is going to be fun this year... dress-up clothes, tiaras, play shoes, princess stuff and so much more. I can't wait!! I love girl shopping!!

The Abbott Family said...

So is this what we have to look forward to? :)

Anonymous said...

Too CUTE!!!
your "tough Princess"
hahahahaha