Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Thank you, your welcome...Please?

Please and Thank...words that must be apart of my kids vocabulary on a regular basis! Sometimes I feel like a broken record constantly reminding my kids to say these important 3 words!

After having 3 boys and now having a girl I would have thought I had it figured out on how to get them to say these words. Nope. Not with Sarah.

She does say Thank you...and...Your Welcome. Here is a typical conversation with her regarding these words:

Me: Here is your milk Sarah (oh that is another thing...she does NOT like water or juice or anything but milk. So, we give her a cup of 3/4 water and 1/4 milk! She likes it and reminds us to put the water in if we forget! The doctor said to do it, that way she gets her water and milk! Sounds gross...but she likes it!)
Sarah: Thank you mommy
Me: You're Welcome Sarah
Sarah: You're welcome...you're welcome...you're welcome...mommy, say you're welcome.

So, she definitely has you're welcome down.
She is also great at reminding others to say Thank You!
For example:
She is currently filling my lap with all kinds of things (cards, books, polly pockets, necklaces, etc). With each item she hands me she says, "Say Thank you mommy". I say thank you, she says you're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome...(and it keeps going from there).

It is good to know that she can be greatful for what she has.
However, getting her to say please...that is another story!
SHE. WILL. NOT. No matter what we do (believe me, we have tried many different things).
She is very good. She is so cute. She has her own mind!

Any suggestions?? ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i tried to leave a comment yesterday and it wouldn't post...let me try again....
all I said was that I don't have any words of wisdom for you, other than she'll probably start to say it accidentally one day and then it won't be a big deal. :) Hard to know whether to force it or not, especially when she is so polite with her thank you's and you're welcomes! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh man, you haven't blogged for a while and I get on tonight to discover I've missed 3, WHEW! Nanny has to get her act together.
I love it.... come on Tina, how can you get upset at that face and at the sweetness of "say you're welcome, mommy"?
spoken by a "true" grandma :-)

Stacey said...

It will happen... don't worry! Until then I have a feeling she won't be going without much anyway : )

Stacey said...

Did you see I tagged you for a meme?

Just thought I should remind you : )