Friday, March 31, 2006

Boys will be Boys!

I grew up with 2 sisters in my family. I babysat a lot, but it seemed to mostly be girls that I watched. Basically, I was surrounded by girls and girly type things!
So when we had our first boy I told my husband he would have to help me with this "boy stuff".
After our 2nd and 3rd boy...I knew I was way outnumbered and that life would never be the same for me!
All 3 of them are 110% boys...they love dirt, mud, wrestling, burping, lego's, cars, bikes, anything outside...

They are continually doing things that I have to ask, "Is that a boy thing?".
For example...

Do you know those orange and yellow cars that kids can ride in and make go with their feet (the Fred Flinstone kind of thing)? Okay, my thinking is get in it and ride around, right?
Not my boys! They (along with some others) put it at the far end of the field, put a pecan on top of it, then go as far back from it as they can and start peddling their bikes as fast as they can and RAM into it making it go flying forward while the pecan comes flying back at them and they try to duck it!

Now, does that sound like fun? Why? But these boys thought it was the funnest thing and did it for hours 2 days in a row!

It has been really cool here..50's...(we are in NC right now), and the last week has seen 3 water fights here with the other kids (all boys...about 8 - 10 in our complex)! WOW! Boy water fights are different than girl ones! Boys run after each other, they think it is fun to get someone down on the ground and just continually spray them with the cold hose water, then they are off and running to tackle and spray some more...thing is all are laughing! It was a fun thing to watch...but not something I could see myself being a part of!

Then there is the whole bathroom thing...lets just say I HATE going in there to clean it. Currently we are potty training my 3rd son, so I am in there often, and it doesn't matter how often I clean it, it still smells and is...a boy bathroom! YUCK!

BUGS! Somewhere my boys got these fake bugs...they look SO REAL! Especially the ROACHES! I HATE Roaches! My boys (including my husband!) have put them in strategic places to scare me! I know it is fake, but every time I find one (in the shower, near a shoe, by the trash can, on top of the stereo...) it scares me and I JUMP! They all find it soooo funny.I smile but think...Why?

Boys will be Boys! :) I wouldn't have it any other way! ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...I see what I have to look forward to. :) Thanks for sharing your life with us.

Anonymous said...

Boys :-)
Enough said ...
love you

Stacey said...

This story still has me laughing!!

See, aren't you glad you finally started blogging?? Doesn't it feel good to just get it out in the open for the whole world to see : )